Storage boxes are great way to store or transport things safely. Boxes are also a great solution for organising clutter, plus they are reusable. There are boxes for many different purposes, including for use in the home, office or in a factory.
Plastic storage boxes come in a wide range of sizes, with or without lids, so you will be sure to find one that suits your needs. Their size is usually given in volume, for example 20L or 50L. Storage tubs and boxes are made from plastic. Heavy-duty plastic is also available for heavier items or extra protection.
Types of storage boxes
- Euro Containers, also known as a KLT box, is a stackable storage container. It conforms to the VDA 4500 standard. These heavy-duty containers are popular in manufacturing and distribution applications.
- Foldable crates and baskets are ideal for transporting items and then folding flat for easy storage, when not in use.
- Stackable storage boxes can be nested on top of one another, requiring less space. Stacking is ideal when multiple boxes are involved.
- Heavy duty boxes are great for tough environments and protecting valuable items.
- Tote boxes are stackable boxes with hinged lids which are used in distribution.
- Storage trays are usually nestable and feature an opening for access while stacked.
What size is a storage box?
Storage boxes come in various sizes and colours which makes them a great choice for storing in any industry. We offer the following sizes:
- Small - up to 15 litres
- Medium - 16 to 35 litres
- Large - 36 to 80 litres
- Extra large - 81 litres and over
Storage box lids:
Some storage tubs and trays do not come with a lid. However, for those that do, there are a handful of different types of lid:
- Attached lid containers, also known as Tote boxes, feature a two hinged lids which interlock in the centre.
- Removable lids are common in household storage boxes. They can be removed completely and are often designed to be stackable.
- Hinged lids are attached to the storage box but can be fully opened, or they may open one half.