A broom is an essential tool in many environments for keeping it clean and tidy. A broom is also known as a brush, it’s made up of a long handle and a head comprising bristles. There are many varieties of materials used in the broom's head, which can be made of plastic, hair, coco fibres just to name a few. The long handle is cylindrical, which can be made of plastic, wood and metal.
Types of Brooms
- Angled Bristles - This is a modern broom as it’s become popular because of the angle of the bristles. These brooms have their bristles cut at an angle, which makes it easier for cleaning into corners, etc. The bristles on these brooms are made of plastic and made to last.
- Soft Bristles - Soft brooms are made up of different materials that are firm enough to stand up to regular sweeping. This broom is mostly used indoors with smooth and dry surfaces.
- Hard Bristles - If you need a broom that has stiffer bristles, then a hard broom may be a perfect choice. The bristles are great for getting into areas and cleaning out dirt that soft bristles struggle with. They’re also perfect to use when the area is too dirty to use a vacuum cleaner but you need to clear the dirt.
- PET(Polyethylene Terephthalate) Bristles are great for the food industry and highly sensitive areas
- Coco Bristles are natural and soft and made from the husks of coconuts good for internal and external cleaning
- PVC is a harder bristle - good for wet and greasy floors
- PP (Polypropylene Polyester) firm brushes that loosen stubborn dirt
- Nylon is hard wearing and also good for hygienically sensitive areas
- Wooden decks